Here you can find out 5 interesting plant-based foods to introduce to a vegan diet, and the variety of choices in seeds, grains and nuts for a great...
Whole foods plant-based diet: A beginners Guide
A whole foods plant-based diet is a great way to get all the nutrients you need and improve health. Explore the world of whole foods plant-based recipes.
There are numerous arguments regarding which diet is best for you. But shifting to a completely plant-based diet will be the most important step you can take in your life to improve your health, energy levels and avoid chronic diseases. Scientific evidence suggests shifting to a completely plant-based diet can eliminate the chances of many chronic diseases. Whole plant-based diets can significantly decrease the chances of diabetes, heart attack, and cancers.
What is a plant-based diet?
Generally, a plant-based diet consists of totally unprocessed foods; still, you can also include frozen vegetables, fruits and canned beans. These foods are preserved by only using a slight amount of preservatives. A plant-based diet consists of 2 groups.
- Whole foods include foods that are not processed heavily or processed using minimal preservatives.
- Plant-Based: These include food from plants and don't include any animal source.
Below we will give you examples of different foods you can include in your complete plant-based diets.
- Legumes: it includes any pulses and beans.
- Whole grains: includes grains like wheat, corn, oats, rice, barley and many others.
- Fruits: Any fruits, frozen or fresh.
- Nuts: include nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, and many others. You can also have nut butter.
- Vegetables: Many vegetables like potatoes, peas, carrots, etc.
- Seeds: include Chia, flax, sesame, and many other plant seeds.
- Spices: consist of all spices and herbs like turmeric, black pepper, basil, and salt.
You can also use many other plant-based products, like oils, kinds of milk, flour, and bread. But we recommend you to eat these foods in a limited amount as these are calorie-dense foods.
By shifting to the plant-based diet, you can have many excellent health benefits, including:
- Weight loss: by using plant-based foods, you are cutting all the unhealthy sugars and fats from your diet, which will help you keep your body weight in control and help you lose body weight.
- Chronic Diseases: as mentioned earlier, once you cut all the unhealthy fats and sugars from your diet, it will eventually eliminate the chance of many diseases like heart attack and diabetes.
- Environment friendly: Consuming plant-based diets can also help you reduce your environmental footprint.
A plant-based diet is a healthy way of living by eliminating all the harmful sugars and fats from your diet. Plant-based diets can significantly reduce the risks of many chronic diseases, and it's better for Mother Earth too. If you are looking for a place to buy quality plant-based foods to make your day unforgettable, then don't worry; we got you covered! We at KODGAV source the best quality plant-based foods from trusted suppliers, and we make sure that only the best quality product reaches our customer's doorstep. So get in touch today with us, and one of our experts will get back to you with complete information.