In this blog post, we considered the best way cashew nuts can be traded - roasted cashew nuts vs. raw cashew nuts
Why You Should be Bulk Buying Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts are a great source of fibre and a healthy addition to every meal, this article contains all you need to know about bulk buying cashew nuts.
Cashews are a kidney-shaped seed sourced from the cashew tree- a tropical tree native to Brazil and cultivated in some parts of Africa and Asia. At present, India, Ivory Coast and Vietnam are the world's biggest producers of the nut. Businesses such as food manufacturers, bakers, and caterers buy cashews in bulk to make cashew bars, cakes or cashew-based sauces or desserts.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CASHEWS
Cashews are one of the most commonly consumed nuts in the world, and the health benefits of cashew nuts are vast. They are rich in copper-zinc, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and many other nutrients important for energy production, brain health, immunity and bone health.
Cashews are also a good source of dietary fibre. They are low in sugar and provide few calories. They generally help reduce the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
They also make for easy, versatile addition to any diet as they can be eaten on their own or added to any of your favourite dishes.
USES OF CASHEWS
Cashews have a creamy, rich texture with a similar taste to peanuts and they are applied to many recipes since they provide several health benefits to any individual.
Cashews, raw or roasted, can be eaten as a snack, pureed as an alternative to peanut butter, blended to make cashew milk or cashew chicken. They can also be added to stir-fried rice, vegetables or salad.
Medicinally, cashews can also be used for gastrointestinal ailments and can be applied on the skin as a stimulant to remove ulcers, warts and corns. More research is being carried out on the other medicinal uses of cashews.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY CASHEWS IN BULK
Bulk buying is the process of buying a certain product in larger quantities at lower per-unit prices.
Purchasing any food item in bulk presents many great benefits for both you and the environment, and cashews are no exception. The following reasons show why you should purchase cashews in bulk:
- It promotes long-term use and versatility: Cashews' shelf life can be lengthened by a further six months if refrigerated, or to one year if frozen. This ensures maximum efficacy as it can be used over an extended time at a cheaper price.
For caterers and bakers, having cashews in bulk allows for the flexibility of trying out new recipes in the kitchen- measuring little quantities and experimenting with different dishes.
Moreover, for businesses who like to prepare meals in advance, like mobile caterers, bulk buying these nuts can make the whole process a lot easier and cheaper. It also means that in an emergency, you are prepared for the worst.
- It saves time and money: When you buy cashews in bulk you essentially have a stash that you can pull from whenever you need to. You can divide and store your cashews in large, airtight containers making them just as good as consumer packaged goods, but without the price tag.
- It curbs the problem of supply shortages: Cashew production in places like the US, which largely depend on cashew imports from countries like India to meet their growing market demand, frequently encounter supply shortages. This could lead to price fluctuations and lower profit margins. To limit the consequences of these irregularities, buying cashews in bulk is an adequate solution.
For manufacturers, buying cashews in bulk often ensures that you get it at discounted prices from vendors, guaranteeing a slight increase in your profit margin, which in turn means you can offer it at competitive prices to your customers.
- It's Eco-friendly and promotes sustainability: Less packaging generates less waste! Buying in bulk can reduce the carbon and energy footprint required for product packaging because it reduces the number of materials needed in the first place.
TIPS FOR BUYING CASHEWS IN BULK
- Be sure to buy quality cashews from recognised wholesalers.
- Compared to other nuts, cashews have a fairly long shelf life which can be extended with adequate storage & refrigeration.
- They need to be stored in a cool, dry place to prevent them from drying out and going rancid
- Airtight containers (tupperware or normal jars) are recommended as they preserve the cashew nuts from dust, absorption of other food odours, and keep them fresh for longer.
- They may not last long at room temperature, but they can last for up to six months when you refrigerate them and may be stored in the freezer for up to one year.
Cashews have many health benefits and use. For food caterers, bakers and manufacturers interested in purchasing these nuts, buying cashews in bulk is the best bet as it is cost-efficient, prevents the problem of supply shortages and price fluctuations, and it's environmentally friendly and sustainable.